Friday, March 2, 2012

HILL, Alberta Irene - 1927-


Mother of Holly Jean Sparrow and Peter William Sparrow
Grandmother of Kathryn Alberta Cawfield
Great Grandmother of Adora Kathryn and Shiloh Holly Boivin
(click image to enlarge)

Early Years

Alberta Irene Hill
was born to her parents
Lorene Alberta Jacobi Hill
and
Charles Ernest Hartley Hill
on
September 17, 1927

1920's and 1930's

In the image, below left, Alberta is wearing a brown sweater
made by her mother.  I still have that sweater which Nan gave to me for Katie.
I keep it in my 'precious linens' box where I've saved a few things
that have a great deal of sentimental value.
Katie did wear the sweater a few times too although the moths had found a home
in one of the sleeves at some point in the distant past.
There's a photo of Katie wearing the sweater below.
  

1940's






1950's
Bill and Alberta Sparrow's daughter, Holly Jean Sparrow
born September 4, 1952
Below: Charles de Gruchy, son of Jean Hill de Gruchy and Philip de Gruchy 
1953
Alberta and Bill Sparrow's son - Peter William Sparrow
Alberta is pregnant with Peter in the kitchen photo
born January 13, 1955
Alberta with her sister Jean at Forks of the Credit
1960's
For Alberta, the 1960's were about her growing family.  I remember all the 
sewing....she made all my clothes including the dress in the photo below.  Along 
with Bill, she organized many family outings whether it was picnics or camping.  
Alberta also began art classes which set off a life-long love affair with painting.  
She's still painting everyday!  Always concerned about fitness, the 1960s saw Alberta
enrolled in yoga classes, something she continued with for years.
There was also plenty of entertaining when she would try lots of interesting recipes and
as I entered high school and brought friends home they always thought I had a 'cool' Mom.
They were right. 
Sarah de Gruchy was born on December 17, 1966


.........Lots more to come ....I've still got to scan the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's....and more...

1970's

1980's

Summer 1980
May 1981
Summer 1981
Christmas 1981

1990's

I don't have a picture of the original drawing, which is owned by
the City of Mississauga.  I've taken a picture of the print which is 
hanging in my stairwell about six feet above my head.  It doesn't do the 
drawing the justice it deserves but it does allow for an idea of what
was created. 

2000's
2004
2005
Alberta's Great Granddaughter 
Adora Kathryn Boivin
Born July 17, 2005
2007
And then there was Shiloh....another great granddaughter!
Shiloh Holly Boivin
Born: December 3, 2007
2008
2009
2010
2011
2012
2013


































No comments:

Post a Comment